Tutorials

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sending New Year Cards

Photo courtesy maple

The last couple of years I haven't sent out Christmas cards to my family and friends. Instead I sit down in January with my fireplace burning and enjoy writing New Year Cards!

I am so much more relaxed and it gives me a chance to respond to the wonderful Christmas cards I have received. When I sent Christmas cards I felt rushed and I didn't really enjoy the process. Now that I send New Year cards I take the time to enjoy the spirit of the season so much more.

My mom writes about 200 Christmas cards a year. She also receives about 200 Christmas cards a year. On Christmas Day my mom, brother and I sit down with glasses of wine and read all of her cards as a family. It is a wonderful tradition! We catch up with everyone through their photos, letters, and cards. It is so much fun!

My mom and brother would tease me that I always didn't get all my cards sent before Christmas, so a couple of years ago I decided to start my own tradition by sending New Year cards. My friends love receiving the cards in January and I enjoy extending my holiday season into the new year!

Happy New Year!

No comments: