Tutorials

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Smith And Hawken Closing


Yesterday I received an e-mail from Smith & Hawken that they were closing. Through the years I have spent a lot of time browsing their brick and mortar store in Edina, Minnesota. When we wanted to buy a special anniversary gift for my parents 50th Anniversay the first website I checked was Smith & Hawken. We chose for their gift a plant a month for a year. The customer service was phenomenal! One of the plants came frozen in February. My mom called them and they made sure they received an additional plant later in the spring when it wasn't so cold here in Minnesota. I was so glad we purchased our gift from Smith & Hawken.

I was super impressed when I received their e-mail yesterday that they were closing. They took the time to thank their customers for the 30 wonderful years they have been in business. A very classy business decision to thank us for sharing garden love!

An article in the Marin Independent Journal hints that we may hear more from Hawken in the future!

Thank you Smith & Hawken for inviting me into your garden!

No comments: