Tutorials

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Write A Letter Today!

I love to write letters! Even though it is 2009 and there are so many instant ways to communicate I also love to sit down on a cold winters night with some beautiful stationery and write a family member, or a friend a letter.

My mom is the best letter writer I know. I love to go to my mailbox and see if there is a letter waiting there from my mom! I have kept the most special ones and every once in awhile I reread them. They almost always bring a smile to my face, or a tear to my eye. I'm not the only one my mom writes to. She keeps in touch with so many people. Somethimes it is just a quick note that she writes, other times it is several pages long! Through the years many of my moms friends have mentioned to me how many times they have enjoyed opening up their mail box only to find a letter from my mom!

The fact that I love to write letters may go back to my childhood. My mom sent my name into a childrens magazine for a pen pal. Over 100 girls responded! For many years I faithfully wrote letters every day. I actually still keep in touch with one special pen pal! She has moved many times through the years. She has lived in Austria, Sweden, Greece and Canada. I always look forward to her letters filled with observations of the local history, traditions and values. She has a way with words so that when I read her letters I feel like I am there with her. I have never met her in person, but I feel like I know her as well as some of my good friends that I see every week!

I encourage you to sit down today and write a letter to a family member or a friend. When they go to their mail box they will be so surprised to see a personal letter from you waiting for them!

I am going to write my mom a letter tonight in front of the fireplace on a cold winters night! In a couple of days there will be a letter waiting for her when she opens up her mail box!

3 comments:

BonTons said...

We mostly get letters from Nanna here. The kids love it even though they can't read her writing sometimes, lol!

jenscloset said...

I love to write, but for some reason, my handwriting has become so bad that I avoid it! Your blog is darling!

Rocki Adams said...

Ever since the age of computer email, phone text, MySpace... I haven't written many letters. I do send a variety of cards though.

My Grandma used to write lovely letters to me when I lived in Germany - gosh I miss her!

This was a wonderful post! Love your blog!