Tutorials

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Greatest Salesman In The World

Have you ever read the book The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino? I received this book as a gift and I have read and reread it many times through the years. When I turned 16 I got a job a local department store, Donaldson's. I loved my job. I had a great manager, really fun co-workers, and I loved helping customers find exactly what they were looking for. After I had been there about a month I received this book as a gift from one of the ladies who had worked for Donaldson's for years. She was a great saleswoman. She knew exactly when to approach a customer as they entered her department. She always spoke calmly and politely to everyone. She had a huge clientele base which amazed me. When she gave me The Greatest Salesman in the World I could hardly wait to go on break so I could start reading. I was lucky. There was a park across the street and every day I would take my book and read during my lunch breaks. What a beautiful setting to read this small book of wisdom.

The book is essentially about 10 principles that will help change your life. My copy is well worn and each time I take it out of my book shelf I am reminded of that great saleswoman who inspired me to make changes in my life. She helped guide my retail career path. Little did she know that by sharing her favorite book with me that she would make me a better person! Or maybe she did!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Salesman_in_the_World

No comments: